Thursday, June 2, 2022

New blog anthem: Thick as a Brick


Really don't mind if you sit this one out.

My words but a whisper your deafness a SHOUT.
I may make you feel but I can't make you think.
Your sperm's in the gutter your love's in the sink.
So you ride yourselves over the fields and
You make all your animal deals and
Your wise men don't know how it feels
To be thick as a brick.
And the sand-castle virtues are all swept away in
The tidal destruction
The moral melee.
The elastic retreat rings the close of play
As the last wave uncovers
The newfangled way.
But your new shoes are worn at the heels and
Your suntan does rapidly peel and
Your wise men don't know how it feels
To be thick as a brick.
And the love that I feel, is so far away
I'm a bad dream that I just had today and you
Shake your head and
Say it's a shame.
Spin me back down the years
and the days of my youth.
Draw the lace and black curtains
and shut out the whole truth.
Spin me down the long ages, let them sing the song.

Jethro Tull
Thick as a Brick
Album Thick as a Brick 

  • "Thick as a brick" is a phrase meaning stubbornly dumb, as one's head is so thick that no new thoughts can enter it. The song starts with Ian Anderson expressing his low expectations for his target ("I may make you feel but I can't make you think") before singing about class structures, conformity, and the rigid moralistic beliefs of the establishment that perpetuates it.

    The song follows a young boy who sees two career paths: soldier and artist. He chooses the life of a soldier, just like his father. We see him assimilate into the society he once rebelled against, becoming just like his dad.

"Thick as a Brick" is a revival of the old early days of blogging blog, Sopo Sentral into a blog for news commentary, news link and opinion on social, political and economics as well as business issues.

It should compliment the presumed temporarily blocked blog "Another Brick in the World". In the meanwhile, it will assist to make the blog's article publicly available. 

No comments: